Saturday, July 05, 2008

Adamas, he is done.

The last couple of repeats seemed to take forever. There were over 400 stitches on the needles by the time I was casting off. Finally, it is done. I give you ADAMAS:
adamas porch
Adamas slouching on the porch railing.
adamas chair
Adamas relaxing in the chair. All he needs is a mint julep, don't you think? (This was a tricky shot, by the way. Wicker and lace are not really the best of friends, if you know what I mean.)

It was hard to photograph this shawl. So much of our furniture inside and out on the patio is dark-colored, so the shawl did not show up against it. I had to take it to the porch instead. The color of this yarn is more interesting in real life: it just looks like a flat purple in these pictures, but in reality it's got some heathery-ness.

So now I can say I've done laceweight yarn. Been there, done that. Not going to do it again. I can also finally say I've done a triangular shawl--this was my first. I'm not quite sure I know how to wear it, but I will give it a try. Actually, after admiring the FO, the kids asked me, "So what do you do with it?" I hemmed and hawed. Then we all played around, wrapping it around ourselves. We all agree that the over the head method of wearing it is not the most flattering. Wish I had thought to get the camera out for the modelling session we had!

No comments: